Introduction

When I moved to Seattle from the east coast about 25 years ago, I started to explore the city and the surrounding area by bike; first, commuting to work and then adding fitness rides to my commuting trips. What I found were challenging routes that gave me a great workout but also some beautiful scenery, great parks, spectacular views plus interesting restaurants, cafes, bistros and bakeries along the way to stop for a snack or a cold drink. I think that by traveling by bike, at my own pace on quite streets and trails, through neighborhoods and parks, I have seen the Seattle area in a way I would not have experienced otherwise. I want to share with you the rides that have given me such a unique insight into our city and surrounding area. Whether you are new to town or a native, I hope you’ll find something to enjoy in these rides that have become my favorites.

This blog describes several loop bicycle rides in and around the Seattle metropolitan area with rides for every level of cyclist. Many of the loop rides can be combined or can be done as a shorter “out and back ride”. Each loop described on this blog includes a convenient start/end point that offers ample parking for those transporting their bicycle. Any loop can be done in either direction.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Flying Wheels Century 2012

100 mile bike ride through the Snoqualmie and Snohomish River Vallys


This ride starts at Marymoor Park-East Lot and visits the rural areas of the Snoqualmie and Snohomish Valleys. However, to get there turn south onto E Lake Sammamish Pkwy offering nice views of the lake. Ingelwood Hill Rd provides the first hill then the ride descends to NE Redmond-Falls City Rd then up and over Ames Lake Rd into the rural Snoqualmie Valley to Carnation. Climb another short hill on NE Stillwater Hill Rd onto Kelley Rd NE then onto NE Cherry Valley Rd and into Duvall. Head west then north out of Duvall onto High Bridge Rd into Snohomish. Ride through the historic district on 1st St and the head south on Old Snohomish Monroe Rd to Monroe. Continue south along the W Snoqualmie Valley Rd returning to Carnation. Continue south along the W Snoqualmie River Rd to the last climb up SE 40th St/Issaquah-Fall City Rd. Once over this long climb descend back to E Lake Sammamish Pkwy to return to Marymoor Park.

For more details on this ride visit RIDEWithGPS for a map, ride stats, full directions and elevation profile:
Flying Wheels Century 2012 Information

Historic Snohomish



No comments:

Post a Comment